Ile du Saulcy
57006 Metz France
|September 2-5, 2008
20 years of French-speaking human-computer interaction: from interaction to the fusion of man and technologies.
From September 2nd to September 5th 2008, The University Paul Verlaine-Metz will host the annual conference on Human-Computer Interaction organized by the Association Francophone d'Interaction Homme-Machine (AFIHM). This year’s issue is also the occasion to celebrate the 20th anniversary of AFIHM. The conference will therefore focus on the history of our community in order to open new possibilities for its future. A panel entitled “20 years of HCI : a look back upon the past by senior researchers, and a look forward to the future and prospects by the juniors” will be held to emphasize the point. Furthermore and due to the fact that the town is located really near the border, organizing HCI in Metz will help our community to develop closer links with the German and the northern European units especially through invited conferences.
Current events-Some pratical information are available here
-Courses will not take place
- 26/08 : final program is up to date
Dates to remember
- up to April 2008: submissions of long research papers and of applied research papers.(Closed) .
- up to May 12th 2008: submissions of short research papers and of workshops.. (Closed)
- up to June 2nd 2008: submissions of informal communications and of doctoral consortiums..
- up to June 16th 2008: submissions of courses and of demos.
- up to June 16th 2008: notification to the authors for long research papers, applied research papers, forshort research papers and for informal communications.
- up to June 30th: final versions of long research papers, applied research papers, of short research papers and of informal communications .
- September 2nd 2008: Tutorial day.
- 3rd, 4th and 5th of September 2008: HCI main conference.
Université de Lorraine | 03 54 50 54 00 | 34 cours Léopold - CS 25233 - 54 052 Nancy cedex | mentions légales